Thermowell Baffles Jacketed with PTFE
PTFE Jacketed Thermowell-baffles for inserting Thermocouples below the liquid level of corrosion mixtures are designed to withstand immersion in all acids, except hydrofluoric, at temperatures to 350°F. Their corrosion resistance and strength are also designed to provide long-life and maintenance-free operation of both thermowells and vessels. They are constructed of a PTFE jacketed steel pipe with a special tantalum bulb swaged on the bottom end. Heat conductivity of 0.130 cal./cm2/°C/sec. is provided through the tantalum bulb which combines good chemical resistance with high thermal conductivity.
- Pipe: ASTM A 106 Grade B schedule 80
- Flange: IS 2062 Grade B. ANSI B16.5 ASA150 # for drilled holes
- Standard: Two fixed flanges, loose flange available on request
- Lining: Pure PTFE in compliance with ASTM D 1457, white in colour
- Lining thickness: 3 to 5 mm, exceeds the relevant ASTM F-1545 standard specs.
- Operating temperature: PTFE -29 to 260 deg. C
- Operating pressure: Vaccume to 6 kg / cm. sq.
- Hydrostatic pressure test: 10 kg / cm. sq.
- Air leak test: 2 kg / cm. sq. before drilling of sparging element
- Spark test: 10 KV